Monday, March 17, 2008

What to do with a ruin of Earth

Droopy-eyed and procrastinating trying to wake up in studio this morning, I went on a Wikipedia safari which got me reading about the geochemistry of Earth's core and the magnetosphere it produces. There is, I guess, a somewhat extended history of fantasies dealing with traveling to the core of the earth. One such fantasy addressed what would happen if--if, through some inconceivably mind-blowing delusion of dimethyltryptamidely-exogenous irrational affectation--the earth were to cease its rotation. This amounts to asking what would happen if the earth lost its prized, protective magnetic field and succumbed to all the torrents of space with its gamma rays and solar plasma and angry showers of ionic torpedoes. What would the president of Future-America do with the ruin of Earth?

Just when I thought that no movie--now or in the future--could surmount the absurd nitwit-edness of Armageddon, I read about the 2003 film The Core. This is just too good to be true:

Synopsis

And for reprieve, take a visit to this fantastic site which I enjoy:

Insultingly Stupid Movie Physics

Alright, back to work.

No comments: